Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Harley Davidson

Since I can't ride my hog much these days, I am thinking about selling it. It is a 1996 Wide Glide, dark red with saddlebags and all the trimmings. My bike has 19,000 miles on it and I purchased it brand new in 1995. My back is so bad these days, I cleaned it up yesterday and ordered a new battery for it. I just had two new tires put on and a tuneup, I did not know the battery was going dead. Harley's don't recharge as good as some of the Jap bikes, batteries are only good for about a year. My bike is worth about 8,000 now, a few years ago, when Harley was only building 100,000 bikes a year, they were worth a lot more back then. Now they make more than they can sell now. You use to have to order a new bike and wait 6 months before you got it, now all of the dealerships have 10 to 15 new bikes on the floor. Supply and demand people. I hate to sell my bike, but it looks like I may go ahead and get rid of it. Taxes and insurance will be due very soon. I sure love to ride on bikes and let my hair down and go, freedom, that is the most part of it. Riding bikes are not like driving a car, freedom with the fresh air running through your hair and face, man what a feeling. If anyone of you know of a buyer, call or email me, it is in very good shape, Cat

4 comments:

  1. Cat, I didn't know you were an easy rider. Never owned a hog, the closest I've come to ridin' a hog was riding my english racer. So you know I don't REALLY know about the experience. Sorry your back is forcing you to sell. Have a solid weekend, Good Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey cat, hate to even post this, but since you brough up selling, either call me or email at whitehouse9ATalltelDOTnet , I'm Interested, and my old lady says its ok, since she really doesn't like my old sporty ( the one you saw at steamers) will wait to hear from ya man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hell cat just stuff the hog in the bathtub and ride it like chong. You know just as soon as you sell it you'll just be looking for another.Kind of like women heh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh heh, I hate to see a man part with his ride, but when it comes to back pain I fully understand. If you don't part with it, you might want to get a "float" charger for the battery, it will pay for itself in the first year. You just plug it in when you park it and forget it until you ride again.

    ReplyDelete