Wednesday, November 2, 2005

I gamble on sports

Tonight I lost a football bet on the over and under points spread. I missed by one fucking point. These handicappers know there shit. I won 6 games and lost 2 this week. Only 7 points was the number on all games, close? shit yes they were close. It is very hard to beat the pro's and with those fucking points, almost out of the question. I once bet 2,000.00 on a game and lost, the most I ever lost on one game was 1,100.00. I love to gamble, cards, sports, pool, you name it, I will bet it. Savannah Georgia has always been a great sports town, we had two great pool halls, where all the bookies lived, they sold food and liquor and had some nice old Brunswick tables, all were four and a half by 9 foot, and they were over 100 years old. The sports center also had ythree 10 foot snooker tables. You could get a game anytime. One of my best friends and I won over 80,000 one year on footbal, man we were hot as a firecracker. All of the hustlers that lived up north, came through Savannah on the way down to Florida. Got to meet Fats, willie, Steve and Johnny Archer, he is from Metter Georgia and now he is ranked number one in the world in pool. Also meet the big one, Jackie Gleason several times. He owned a large house in Florida and he also had three pool tables, one reg pocket, snooker and a billards table, no pockets, man he could shoot. He did all of his shots in the movie, The Hustler. Man, those were the days, Cat

3 comments:

  1. man, I have not seen a snooker table in years, I used to make a lot of beer money on the snooker table, especially when one of the hot sht slop eight ball hustlers decided they wanted to teach me how to play snooker. They ain't no slop allowed on a snooker table

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been one for gambling. The rare occations I found my self at a race trace, I'd just bet on what ever horse I thought was pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do much gambling, but I surely do love to play pool. My husband talked me into letting him buy one a few years ago. I thought he was out of his ever loving mind. He said we NEEDED a pool table to help civilize the boys. He shopped around and picked an OlHausen...well, I got to pick it...and damned if he wasn't right. Nothing like a good game of family cutthroat to round out the evening.

    ReplyDelete