Thursday, August 17, 2006

Going to a peanut festival tomorrow

Brooklet Georgia is having there annual peanut festival tomorrow. They will have a parade, hot boiled peanuts by the ton, food, games, vendors, selling all types of homemade items and last but not all, a band that afternoon and night. Big ass dance. Last year they had over 15,000 people to attend and the total count for Brooklet is only 800 people. My 99 year old aunt Lucille lives there and a shitload of relatives. I will make a day and half the night in Brooklet. It is about a 70 mile trip, one way, to my mama's home town. Anything you want me to bring ya'll back ?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, Cat. Could you please ask your Aunt Lucille what her secret is for living to be 99, and bring back the formula for me? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just yourself.Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time, Cat - hope you have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drooling here...OMG I miss boiled peanuts..I am going to order a case of canned peanut patch ones I am that desperate..I miss the South big time..Have a great time! Enjoy! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn Cat...I missed readin' your blog Friday and Saturday morning, I was gone the rest fo the weekend, but you were only a couple of miles from the house. If I had known you were coming I would have looked you up at the festival.

    ReplyDelete