Saturday, August 12, 2006

I had some company today

Georgia and Recondo32 came and saw me today. Both of them are doing good and they were on the way home from a music festival in Brunswick Georgia. They saw some old groups from the 60's this week end, the Tams, some of Motowns famous old groups, the swinging Medallions, they have this every year on the big island. One year we saw Smokey Robinson, Chubby Checker, the Tams, The Shirells and many others, they put on a great show for two days and night. Plenty of food and drinks and doing the shag. Georgia and Rich are going to Helen Georgia and want me to go with them. They said it would not be the same without old bowleggs. He was in bad shape the last Helen blogmeet. He looked like death warmed over. They stay a few hours and we had a good talk about Rob and all of his wild living. I guess that Georgia and Recondo has known Rob just about as long as I did.  We loved him to death, Georgia made me laugh and almost made me want to cry at times. We miss the old cracker and his ways. I may go to Helen this year, I don't know for sure, my back is giving me a hard time lately and I should know more about it as the trip gets closer. It is finally raining in coastal Georgia, we needed it, my garden is almost gone and my pond needed the water, the level is very low. My oldest son, Joey, called while they were here, he was drinking and told me that he would see me next week end. All of my kids are doing good and all are working and doing there thing. Take care, Cat

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day. I wish I was going to Helen. The schedule is still not out but it doesn't look good. I'm sure I'll be working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, me and the old man are making the trip to Helen this time. Sure would be nice to be able to meet ya. I sure hope y'all get to come on up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Trucker, come back anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to make it to a Georgia blogmeet. Maybe this time, I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, Cat, I miss the hell out him too. What a damned shame.

    ReplyDelete