Saturday, August 26, 2006

My two grest friends came for a visit.

Yesterday two of my best friends from Plant City Florida came to see us. These people are really great. They just came back from a trip over seas, they went to Italy, for about a month. When they came back he traded a new motorhome, with less than 3,000 miles on it for a 2007 model, same size, different color, it is very pretty. My friends travel a lot. They were on the road all day yesterday and when they got here, we did not want to drive another 50 miles to a great food place, so we all went to the country club to eat with the rich and famous. The golf course is a great one and the tennis courts and horse track looks like something in England. We have two and three million dollar homes all around the course and a few remaining deep salt water lots remaining, if you can afford 500,000 price tag. This area is really growing. More and more people are moving down here and retiring to coastal Georgia. Florida has been hit by many storms in the last serval years, so they are moving north to salt water in Georgia. Back to our meals, I had a cajun supper with all the fixings and a big ass salad. Bill had almost the same. Nancy had grouper and Elisa had a seafood platter. Everything was fresh out of the water. We had two great bottles of wine, one from 1999 and the other was from 2000. We all started out with grouper fingers as a snack first. Our server also tried her best to sell us another botle of wine for 128.00 a bottle, but we were to damn full to eat or drink anything else. We did have a dessert after all. We went out on the deck and listened to a music man playing for a while. He sucked, we can home and hit the beds, a great evening with close friends is very rewarding. We do this about three times a year. They will be leaving this morning and going north. I will try and fish today and play on the grounds and kill a few snakes. Gators are gone this time of year, they all went back across the river to Harris Neck, every time I go over there, I see hundreds of gators . It is a state run park and bird home for many animals. I see eagles everyday and hawks. My last chicken was eaten by a red fox last week, no more chickens for now. Just wanted ya'll to know and tell ya'll to enjoy your friends and live a good life, for tomorrow we all maybe dead, Cat

5 comments:

  1. Tomorrow we may all be dead, that's a comforting thought.Too bad about the poor chickens.I fell asleep last night waiting for it to be late enough to call you, sorry!But I programmed your # into my celly, so watch out!;-)love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cat that sounds like an awesome time with friends - I'm full just reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should take a trip south and see the Georgia coast...it sounds lovely. Visiting the wildlife parks sounds like something I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to beat a day with great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picked a bucket of blackberries with my oldest boy this afternoon. We saw a big doe and two rabbits. Heard some coyotes yelping at nightfall. I'm drinking a can of Schmidts - it sucks, but I like the pic of the cutthroat trout on the can.

    ReplyDelete