Monday, January 9, 2006

How To Cook A Coon

My buddy Elisson gave us a recipe for cooking a turkey yesterday and I thought I would let you know, how to cook a raccoon. First you take a coon and skin him, clean the guts and all the waste out of him. Put the coon in a large metal baking dish, now stick a big raw carrot up his ass and leave the green stem on the carrot. Start cooking the coon at 400 degrees, let cook for 2 hours and pull him out and take hold of the carrot stem and pull out of his ass, if the carrot is gone, then the coon is ready for serving. Enjoy with potatoes and onions, Cat

6 comments:

  1. Had a friend cleaning a coon to drip on a deer he was cooking so the fat would drip on the deer and not dry it out. Accidentally popped that coon's gut with his knife. That is some kind of stink. He just turned, puked, and kept on cleaning. What a hoss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gordon, be glad to have you. Just email me and I will get home for your visit, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coon. Greazzzzzy like bear. Cook it up like cabrito, skim the grease, throw in some kick ass dumplings and ya got yaself one fine ass meal there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh.......I think I'd pass on that meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a young female coon but sometimes the old boars are too strong and tough to eat. Used to smoke them and sometimes bake them with a cornbread and sausauge stuffing-kind of like baking a whole young pig. Pretty good eating-better than skunk or possum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coon and sweet taters are pretty damn good, coon is dark meat and if cooked the correct way, it is very tasty. I like mine with collards and cornbread.

    ReplyDelete