Thursday, January 26, 2006

My oldest son just got out of jail.

Finally, after a year in jail for DUI's, my oldest son Joey, has gotten out of jail. He lost everything he had except his house. He lost his new truck and he is being sued from charge card companies, fuck em. His house is very nice three bedroom, brick with two full baths, he also has about 50,000 worth of equity in the hose and it maybe worth 100,000. I hope he gets his shit together very soon. Joey just turned 40 years old today, he is my oldest son. I have helped and gotten his ass out of jail several times, this last time, his sister Stephanie helped him with his house payments. He still has a very good job waiting for him as an electrican, he makes good money and not like my baby son Jason, he loves to work six days a week. With all of his fines and bills, Joey better marry that fucking job. Dad did a lot of tough love on his ass this last time and I think he knows not to ask me for any help. It is very hard to turn your kids down, but sometimes in life, you have to say just NO. More coming soon, thank all of you for your time, Cat

8 comments:

  1. Joey said he appreciated everything, but he knows that I will not do it again. All I can say is he is fucked up! He is already talking about getting his drivers license. He says that after 8 weeks of treatment he can get it back. I know that Georgia is my home but GA is messed up. How can someone with 14 DUI’s in a lifetime be allowed to drive?? In Florida, he would be under the jail and never be able to have a license. Daddy, you have done all you can for him. He has to do this on his own and make his decisions and live with the consequences. He has already stated that he will not stop drinking. You did all the right things raising us; it was up to us to determine what paths our lives would take. I plan on coming home the middle of the month and I will stay several days. Tyler has to finish wrestling season; he has kicked some serious ass this year. He is ready to shoot some guns. He will bring his new one also. I love you ….. Hi-Dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he's learned his lesson. Let us hope so. Good luck, Cat. And Stephanie, the bride and I still want to take ya'll to dinner. We're right down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids. Nobody tells you when you make 'em that they never really leave home. It's a lifetime gig no matter where they live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatcha gonna do, but love 'em and try and do the right thing? There sure as hell isn't a damn manual out there. Funny thing is they grow up and start acting like ..people. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done all you could. Now it's time for him to be a man, quit drinking and stand on his own two feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you are going through; I am now raising 2 of my grandkids because my daughter can't seem to protect them from her various boyfriends. It's tough, but we get through it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you love your son, but sometimes you just gotta put your foot down. Hang tough and you're in my thoughts. *hug*

    ReplyDelete