Friday, July 14, 2006

God Dammit

I need your help people. I need someone to read a few times  each day on the web. I use to read my buddy, Gut Rumbles , at least three or four times a day. I also use his side bars for reading other people. It has been a couple of weeks and I still miss the old bowleggs. Rob got me started in the blog shit and now the cocksuker is gone. If he was still with us, I would kick his bowlegged ass. I have been reading a lot on the web lately and I can't find anyone close to my buddy. He was a Tall Dog and I have read many other Tall Dogs and he was  greater than most of them, because he wrote. The others do nothing but link this and link that and go here and read this or go read this book or this newspaper. I thought blogging was writing. We need some more great writers people. If ya'll find someone, please let me know and I will do the same for ya'll. I will start reading more this next week, maybe I will be able to find someone close to Rob as for writings and some great true stories, Cat

9 comments:

  1. I know he can't be replaced, but we, or at least I need a place to go and read and laugh a little each day. I may kick it up a littler, but my writing skills and spelling sucks. And you are correct Adam, I would give out of things to write about in a few months, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he can't be replaced, but we, or at least I need a place to go and read and laugh a little each day. I may kick it up a littler, but my writing skills and spelling sucks. And you are correct Adam, I would give out of things to write about in a few months, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not going to find another Rob. I know you know this. And I am *still* sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well gee Cat. If I posted nekkid pictures of my ownself three times a day, that would probably make you laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't believe there can be a match for Acidman.But, he is one of the reasons I have found so many good blogs to read. Keep searching, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Cat, I don't think there'll be another Rob though. I found just about every other person I read through him. It helps to read them - I got a little sad when I saw the interview this morning over at Elisson's, I really miss him too. I really enjoy Elisson, Eric, V-man (when he posts! :P), you, GuyK & all the other folks I found via him. I subscribed to everyone through Bloglines and I can just go there to that one page and see who has added a new post instead of clicking on each one. Good luck and I REALLY hope to meet you & your wife in September ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was the size of his balls. Rob would NEVER take a post down just because it offended people....it was because if people got pissy with him..he got even PISSIER..and a lot of us gained the courage to say what we say because of his. He could take the heat that he generated from his posts, for sure. It seemed to fuel him somehow even. There's very few people out there like that and to find someone that's even close is going to be hard, very hard. We each have to channel a little of the Rob that we have inside us to our own blogs for awhile...I don't know. There's never going to be another Dale Earnhardt, either, but the sport goes on. It's not the same the loss is always there, but it has to go on...and eventually the wound will start to heal. On the same token, it's wrong to expect other people to be like Rob or for someone in the group to change their writing style to his now that he's gone. (I've found myself doing that, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cat, I posted a bit here: . Not a replacement for Rob, but each one of those three I noted there, captures a small part of the way he thought and wrote. I am sure with some effort, we could come up with a handful more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also LL has been on quite a Rob-like roll lately: http://cursesandchrome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete