Tuesday, July 4, 2006

I hope everyone is doing better. I am.

I walked down to my pond yesterday afternoon, there was no gators that I could see. My chickens are doing good, there are almost like pets, the rooster follows me around, like I am is mama? We should get a little rain tomorrow, we need it, we are about 7 inches under last years rain. Everything is dry as pie. My cats are enjoying the house again, the little Jack Russell has been gone a few days now, he was a sport, very good dog. I told Stevie that Dana's dog, Lucy was very good and smart as hell. Lucy would shake habds, lay down, roll over, play dead and came when you called he. I like dogs, but the last two I had were with us for 13 and 14 years, when they died I cried like a little baby. They were family. Nancy and I decided that they would be no more dogs, so I got 5 cats now. I got my old mama cat, and three small cats and I also got Jason's when he mover to Denver. Looks like I have to get on the tractor today and cut these 5 acres, the grass is so tall, I can't even see my cats. I went to Brunswick Ga yesterday to eat and do some walking, they are really making that small city a nice place to live. New stores and food places coming in every week. The town has about 20,000 people and has a big port. Seafood companies are everywhere. Last week when I had to go to Savannh, when I got into that traffic, I thanked Nancy for making me move to the country. We have no traffic at all and when we go to Brunswick we can whip in and out in a few minutes. They have everything that Savannah has, just a lot less people. I will take 20,000 compared to 280,000 anyday. I hope everyone had a great fourth and remembered the truth about why we take the time off from work and made it a holiday. Thanks goes out to all our troups, Cat

8 comments:

  1. You sound better. Good. And...I know they aren't racoons but I'm GLAD you didn't see any gators, just in case you might get it in your head to shoot one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country living is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better, Cat. Sorry we keep missing you in the chat. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. I like living in a rural area although I am not as far back in the woods as you are. The local village had damn near anything I need just eight miles away and my asshole tightens up every time I have to drive in Florida's big city traffic. Worst drivers on earth..every fuckin one of them acts like they are on a race track

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see a new post from you, catfish. I love the country. I lived in the city for about year, many years ago. I remember the awe I felt, just looking at the trees and the dirt, after looking at nothing but concrete for so long. I hope never to live in a city again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying hard to move out to the country. I'm buying the land, but convincing Daisycat to give up the city to live there permanently could be the hard part.

    ReplyDelete