Sunday, January 14, 2007

Holiday

I hope all of you enjoyed your holiday today? Everything is closed for the holiday, banks, mail, post offices and almost every other company in America. I think my town is the only town in Georgia that does not have a street named Martin Luther King. I remember when I was a small boy in Savannah and saw many of his rallies. Mama would take me close to the black churches and we would sit outside and hear the speechs. I remember one time, those people marched to the Pirates House to try and sit down and eat. We were on the front porch when about 200 blacks walked by our house. They never did eat that day in Savannah. I did not know too much about those things back then, my mama use to work some blacks and we had a cook and a clean up lady. During the week we would all sit and eat in mama's house at the dinner table, blacks, whites, irishmen, and wops, who cared, we just wanted to eat. Savannah was not as bad as most of the south. I think the blacks have come a long ways, but the bad thing about good blacks is they have to suffer from the niggers in there own race. I have some very good black friends, I worked with some good ones also and I think if Mr. King was still living, he would still be pissed.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Cat - you just made me laugh my ass off with the whole sentence about eating at your mama's table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat, I believe Mr. King was more pissed about his black brothers acting like niggers than anything else. He wasnt just preaching to the choir. He knew the movement wouldnt go any further than the black people would let it move and they were dragging their feet.

    ReplyDelete