Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Heard A Good One Today.

I went to the drug store today and as I was waiting for my meds I started talking to a very nice old black lady. She was talking about a lot of things and I was just listening. She told me that she has a 21 year old grand daughter that has three small kids. There is no daddy or husband around, so she can't work because no one to look after the three kids. Grand mama said that she lives in a brand new apartment complex that is all brick, total electric with very nice yards with a play ground at the back of apartments. She rents a three bedroom new apartment for just 17.00 a month, which includes rent, water, electric, garage pickup, all she has to do is pay for a phone and cable tv. The grand daughter also gets welfare, food stamps, free drugs and medical care for her and all 3 babies. If she worked and they raised the min wage to over 7.00 an hour, she would lose all the free benefits and she could not make it on her wages. She gets about 4,000.00 worth of free benefits each month, if she ever had to pay for these things with a job. The old lady said she also has about three different men coming by and seeing her each week for more money, I guess she is still fucking some of those kids daddy's? Plus, the nice old lady helps her with her other bills and baby sitting. She was pissed. I did not say anything, cause I was also pissed that my tax money is going for this type of shit everywhere in America. Half of the people of the USA are working and paying taxes and the other half are having a great time enjoying all of this free shit we give to them, yes, I am pissed. I just wanted to let ya'll know about my finding today, Cat

8 comments:

  1. Cat, I understand your outrage, but it's misdirected. Plus, why is it so easy to get down on those who are living on incomes you and I wouldn't want to live on, while the fat cats that are really ripping off your money (the lobbyists, the military industrial complex, and oil companies)and exporting your middle class jobs, and you say nothing? I mean 9 trillion dollars worth. Where is the outrage? That's where it needs to be directed, my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My post was just a part of it. I know all about the others, I just don't have time to write for three days straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. johnsegocentricworldJanuary 17, 2007 at 1:34 PM

    The Capt, I do not feel it is misdirected at all. If it were not for the leaches sucking the government teat dry, then yours, Cats, and my tax dollars would go to something worth spending it on. Useless baby factory bitches like this live off the system but vets sleep homeless tonight. The welfare system was never designed to be a way of life. It was to get people on their feet, no on their ass. Later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. johnsegocentricworldJanuary 18, 2007 at 12:10 AM

    I agree The Capt. There a lot larger fish out there stealing from you and me. But that is not what Cat wrote about. It was not a lawyer or politician getting $4000 a month in free goods and services from our tax dollars. Sure there is wasted government spending, but on a local level, such as welfare leaches standing in line with their food coupons, it is more noticeable and aggravating. Trust me, I complain about all of those who waste my tax dollars. And as long as the pansy-ass, bedwetting, tree-hugging liberals and democraps are involved, I unfortunately will continue to shell out more and more of my hard earned money so this black bitch can sit around watching Oprah and eating Bon-Bons while trying to find another baby-daddy so she can get even more money. Later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Capt., YOU need to spend your time more effectively writing letters to your CongressPERSON about your vast knowledge of govt. ripoffs. Your govt. ripoffs might be voted out of office in the next lifetime but we can snip the lifeline of the welfare leeches NOW. The next boat leaving Savannah harbor going EAST needs to be full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy, although I know you had a sarcastic tone to your comment, I contact my congressional representative and both of my senators each month to let them know how I feel. Do YOU? It's my patriotic duty. It's one thing to complain about our country, but it's another thing to get out and do something about it. Peace! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Johnsegocentricworld, just because you're White I don't assume that you have to carry the history of your people when it comes to Black folk, so why do you assume that all liberals and democrats have to think alike. I'm a life long Independent but I tend to rate people individually, instead of as a group. Whassup wid dat?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy, your hit and run tactics on my blog are as cowardly and infantile as you are. Who hurt you today that you find it necessary to strike out at someone who's done nothing to you? Sounds like you're just like our President. You must lead a very sorry life. Get some help.

    ReplyDelete