Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Feb 1, 2007

A brand new month. Feburary is Black History month, I bet, if we white people, had a white history month, those blacks would raise hell and get the federal government after our ass? Are our schools teaching our kids the truth about history? Shit if I know. I sure hope so. No child left behind, that is a pile of horseshit. I rode by our only high school yesterday and they must have been having a festival outside, I saw kids looking like they were in the 20's instead of teenagers. I guess they do not social premote anymore? When I was a teenager back long ago, a friend of mine was about 3 years older than I was. When I got out of high school at 17 years of age, old Stan was still in the 12th grade. Stan was a big old good old boy, just dumb as shit. His mama and daddy finally went to the board of education and talked them into passing Stan and letting him out of scholl. Stan later worked with me at my chemical job, but never made any good money beacause of his education. But old Stan got by and raised 3 kids and is now retired. Those were a long time ago and now, not only do you need a high school education, you now need at least 4 years of college and even more to get a great paying job. I wish a many a time that I could go back and get at least a Masters degree, so kids, stay in school as long as you can, get as much education as you can, it will payoff in the long run. Got to run and go buy some groceries in Hinesville Ga today, more tonight, take care and be good, Cat

1 comment: