Friday, January 26, 2007

Just got home

It was a great oyster roast, they also had bar-b-que pork ham, dressing, stew, veggies, home made chili, all types of snacks and pies and cheesecake going to bed. Willy and his wife, Cathy, know how to throw a party. It was a great outdoor and event, the weather was sunny and around 65 degrees. Denny drove up the same time I did. I helped the old man in the house, and he started playing music within a few minutes, Jimbo, you missed a good one. Willy had pickers and other musical instrutment players from three states and at one, it must have been 50 people there at one time. People came and more people left, then a few more new people came to enjoy the party. For all of you who has never been to a southern outside oyster roast, please go. I met some people again that I have not seen in years and a few that was at Rob's mama;s house the day of Rob's service. After a few mintues everyone was greeting and meeting peole from all over and all of a sudden, we were all great friends.  David showed up, when he was getting out of his car, he looked just like bowleggs, I had to look extra hard, sure made me think. Rob would have had a great time there, he plays very well and has a great voice, so does brother Dave. Around six oclock it got cold as hell all of a sudden, many of the peole left and some were going to Randy Wood's concert hall to see a group. I did not want to go, I was dead, I just got home and and almost went to sleep on I-95 going 80 miles an hour. I know I will hurt like shit tomorrow, but it was worth every bit of the pain. These people are just like family. Next time I hope a few more of my friends will join in the fun. Thanks again to Willy and his great wife, Cathy.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful! I am glad you had a great time.Thank you for sharing the party with us.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I sure wish I could have been there. Of course, you're right about Dave. When I first saw him, I instantly knew that he was Rob's bro. And, yes, he plays and sings his ass off.

    ReplyDelete