Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Me Robbed?

Back in the middle 60's I had some vending machines. I would go around on a weekly route and fill them up and collect the money. I had the black poolroom on west board street, been there a hundred times and never had any problems with them. Me and the owner would shoot a few games of 9 ball each time I would go there. One friday afternoon I was shooting with the owner, his name was Lou James, a very fine pool player, and I had one of those wallets that stick out of your pants about two inches, well this black young man rubbed against me and got my wallet and ran, I ran after him for a while, but that boy come run, must have stolen watermelons at one time in his life. I gave up and went back to the poolroom. I asked everyone, who was that guy, everyone said, I never saw him before. Even the owner, which I thought was a friend of mine said, never saw him before. I was very glad that the wallet only had a few dollars in it and a few checks, my real wallet was always in my truck. I filed a police report and it was like wiping your ass with it. I kept serving the poolhall, but I never shot pool with Lou James again.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that is a big catfish. The biggest one I caught was 76 pounds at Clarke Hill in South Carloina years ago. It took me an hour to land him and when I did, he was the ugliest fish I ever saw. That has to be a record? Thanks for the picture, Cat, all mouth and full of shit.

    ReplyDelete