Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Coon hunting last night.

It was late and I was sitting on the sofa, when Nancy said, look goat, it's that big ass coon again. I got my ass up and picked up a loaded 22 lr rifle and looked out the back porch door. Sure in the hell, it was the big coon that has been eating my dog and fish food. I shot at him once, and he jumped up about three feet into the air and then dropped dead. Nancy was looking at the kill, she said, damn, you got him with the first shot. I told her, yes, and it was a very long shot and at night. The buzzards are eating his ass right now. They will eat him in one day. This is also the mating season for gators. Rob and I heard a few of them yesterday, but did not see any. They are wanting a little sex now. I maybe old and out of shape, but I can still shoot a gun with the best of them. Nancy was very proud of me and my shot. I think I will try my fishing again today, Cat.

10 comments:

  1. I would have been proud of you too. THat sounds like it was impressive. What is the sound that the gators make when they are mating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. those bull gators will come out of the water when they are looking for a mate. Might be a wise time to carry a BFG with you when you go around the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus Christ...coons have to eat, too.Glad I'm not your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. nice shot, Catfish... the biggest coons I've ever seen were down your way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you sure it was a big ass coon you shot?or a big coon ass?all the new orleans folk haven't been rounded up yet..

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you sure it was a big ass coon you shot?or a big coon ass?all the new orleans folk haven't been rounded up yet..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those gators make a honking noise, almost like a big bullfrog on steroids.

    ReplyDelete