Sunday, April 30, 2006

A new week

Today has been a good lazy one. Nancy is in Florida with my daughter and her children. I have been doing a little yard work and also planted a bush today. I have been reading about all of my friends that went to Texas this weekend, looked like fun. I wish my back had been better early that month, I would have gone to the party. It was a big party, what I have been reading and laughing at all of them. Can't wait to see some pictures. Maybe next year? Today is also May day, when I was a young man around six years of age, I went to school during the summer at a big church, my mama made me go. One may day, we were going around the may pole and I turned the damn thing over on all the smaller kids and got my ass kicked by the teacher and then by my mama, when I got home. I thought it was funny, since I was a foot taller than all of the other kids my age. I was never a bully, just a little larger than most kids, not fat but tall. Do any of you remember tha MayPole?

6 comments:

  1. I remember hearing about it, but I never danced around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do catfish,, I also remember we used to make paper flower holders in school.. then go home ,fill them with flowers and hang them on a neighbors door.. that's what I remember about May Day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still have them over here in Germany. It's always a big party when the poles are put up, and you can win prizes when you climb up the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember them well and the May baskets. But hell I'm so old I remember the debauched delights of Beltane...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a place in Texas called Catfish's Parlour! Sorry I didn't get to take a pic of it. But thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dancing on.....errrrr, I mean around the May pole.I also jump the Beltane fire too.

    ReplyDelete