Friday, March 11, 2005

Best friends Mama

Rob's mother died early this morning of cancer. I am very sad for the whole Smith family. I have been thinking about them for weeks now, since Elva was admitted to hospice. She is resting and in peace right now, without all of that pain. I burned again at the home site today. I almost got out of control. I put it out several times. I went out to eat and when I got home, I saw smoke fire in the back of my land, by the pond. It was a old dead oak tree still burning. I walked back there and looked around and it looked safe to me. Nothing else around the tree could burn, cause it was burned two days ago and just the dead tree was smoking. About two hours late the fire department in my neck of the woods came and hosed it out. I hope I don't get a ticket for that fire. My old neighbor called them and they came a running. I will be more careful next time. Think about the Smith family and keep them in your minds, thanks, Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment