Saturday, February 18, 2006

Race Day

It's sunday and NASCAR is getting ready for another season. My daughter lives in St, Augustine Florida and that is about 40 miles from Daytona. She goes to all the races and she is a big fan of NASCAR. She went home last night and wanted me to go with her. I did not go, my oldest son, Joey, is still here. He is the son that just got out of jail for drinking. Yesterday he drank about 24 beers, he said he loved it and was not going to quit drinking. I stayed up all night talking to him about drinking. I think I was talking to a brick wall, he will not listen. He told me that his last DUI cost him about 10,000 and spent 10 months in jail, shit, that would have changed me about drinking. He is down in the dumps and has a bad attitude on everything, he is just a drunk, a bad drunk. We had a great visit with my kids, we shot many guns and I also gave my grandson a small pistol for him to keep. He also shot a 270 deer rifle about 20 times, we scoped in his rifle, great gun. and loud. Nancy took the girls shopping in Brunswick and they also had fun with a big country lunch. Joey will drink all day and watch the race with me, I hope I can put up with his drunk ass?  He told me, he was not quitting drinking, period. I told him that he would be back in jail within a year. My son, Jason called from Denver last night. He went to the ER and they had to cut his stomach open, he was doped up, he will call back later today and tell me what happened. My life is full of fun and prizes. Enjoy the race, Cat

5 comments:

  1. Cat, Everyone who has a drinking problem has to come to terms with it sooner or later. For some its the last thing they do and for others it the first thing they do before they live the rest of their lives. He has to want to change and you may or maynot say something that causes him to want to. But you have to realize that its up to him and he may not come around. It´s hard but don´t let him put any of it off on you or others. Now I´ll go back to lurking after putting in my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, you have a full plate, Cat. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. Once they're grownups you can't make your kids do anything but it's not easy to watch them make mistakes, is it? Hope those boys figure it out. You're a good dad to be there for em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a hell of a lot you can do for a dunk that wants to keep drinking. Either they will evenually wind up in the slam for good or the booze will kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do have your hands full. I hope that Jason is ok. Please let us know what is going on. That doesn't sound good. I'm sorry about Joey. That's got to be tough on you. Your daughter sounds like a hoot. My kind of girl. I hope I get to meet her one day.

    ReplyDelete