Monday, February 27, 2006

Shrimp

Shrimping season goes out today, we had a great season. I am trying to buy  some big ass shrimp today for a dollar a pound. Last year the shrimpers had so many shrimp, they were throwing them back into the ocean. I have room for about 50 more pounds, but I will buy more, if I can find them cheap. These are very large shrimp, they would sell for 12.00 a pound up north. Everything else is very quiet in coastal Georgia this week, waiting for St. Pat's day now, about 400,000 people comes in for our parade. It is on the weekend this year, should even be more people this year. Party for three to four days. Our parade is only second to New York in size, and Savannah only has 260,000 people. Hope all of you have a good and safe week, Cat

4 comments:

  1. A buck a pound?? Ohhhh, my gawd. I could eat me a lotta shrimp for a buck a pound. I think I pay something like 20 bucks a pound for the small to medium-sized ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, that is a great deal. I hope you can fill your freezer and have some great Low Country Boils when you have company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where are you doing Paddy's Day, Cat? You going into the city or having a bash at your place?

    ReplyDelete