Friday, February 10, 2006

Weekends?

Big fucking deal. Who cares, when you work shift work for 30 years, weekends don't mean shit. I have worked all of the holidays and birthdays and most weekends. Who cares. A day off is a day off. I played and drank when I was off, so if did not make a shit when I was off. I played cards for money, shoot pool for money, chased women, played golf for money, you name it, I have done it. I always had plenty of people to do those things with, rain or shine, or anyday of the week. Now that I am retired, it is just as good now, the only thing different, I don't know what day it is now. Everyday is off for me. That may sound good for most folks, but it gets old after a few years. I still have many interests and love to get out and do things. Most bloggers don't post or do much reading on weekends, so I have only posted monday thru fridays, until today. I guess I am bored to death, not. Just wanted to write something and get my mind going this saturday morning. It is raining here in coastal Georgia, so I will stay at home and maybe catch up on my fucking. Jason got to Denver okay and I hope he does well. Go have a great weekend and be safe. Cat.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm still working but my schedule is so erratic I never know what day of the week it is. I was wondering why there no traffic this morning and then remembered it was Saturday. I look at life as days on and days off. Can't wait to get to the days off part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying having Friday nights off now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been bored all fuckin weekend and it is not because of the weekend it is because of the damn weather. yesteday it was a cold rain and today it is just cold with thirty mile wind. I got places to go and things to do but just can't do them in this kind of weather...I told sweetthing what you said about catching up on the fuckin and she allowed that would be a great idea if she was able but seeing as how she ain't I'll just have to keep on being bored

    ReplyDelete