Saturday, June 4, 2005

Mama again

When I was a small child, my mama use to drag me everywhere with her. Mama's favorite place to visit would be the funeral parlor. She knew everyone in Savannah at one time. Our neighborhood was on the old fort, in downtown Savannah, everytime a neighbor or anyone else for that matter would did, you guesssed it, she would drag me off to the undertakers to visit the dead. I just think she loved it, after I was married and had Joey and Stephanie, she would then drag them to the funeral parlor. She had many a friend die in her arms and I was always by her side. She just loved it, sick, I don't know? When I reached the age of 12, I stopped going with her, I had to play ball and work. Stephanie wrote about my mama and her farts, she would fart anytime and anywhere, she did not care. And stink, that old Indian woman would put out a favor, that would put anyone to shame. Her farts had a long hang time and would keep you coughing and running for mintues on end. All twelve of her brothers and sisters were the same, they all lived around Statesboro Ga, on farms, with animals. Even the animals would run for cover, when the family got together for a visit, they were all rotten to the core, and could peal the paint off the wall in any house. My daddy was not like her family and many a time I heard daddy say, Louise, you stink, mama would just laugh and fart some more. Mama loved little kids, she always had chewing gum and candy in her big pocketbook, everywhere she went, she would pass out gum and candy to little kids, after the kids were eating there gum and candy, she would fart on them and the faces on those kids looked like, who done it? Mama would just laugh and pass more gas and candy out. That was my mama and we all loved her very much and miss her dearly, she died at the ripe old age of 93 and was blessed with a good life and plenty of family that loved her to death, Cat 

3 comments:

  1. Ya know that is very sweet..my grandma could toot out some good ones also..I always wondered how she did it though..she ate like a damn bird...she didn't eat enough to toot like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought you came by your farting ability naturally. Now, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems I hit a nerve since my comment to this post was deleted. Sorry if I offended. It was not intentional. I thought women getting the vapors was funny.

    ReplyDelete